Friday, November 23, 2012

The First Few Weeks

Spending time in my pack and play's life nest.
I went home from the hospital for the first time on Saturday afternoon after just a day and a half in the hospital. Mommie and Daddy (M&D) were excited to show me my nursery, house, and neighborhood. There are lots of places for me to hang out in my new house. I have my pack and play in M&D's bedroom where I am supposed to sleep at night. It's been upgraded with a fancy life nest which has a mesh hammock to help me breathe. M&D think it's a great place for me to sleep, but I prefer to sleep in the swing beside the bed. It rocks me to sleep...sometimes. Usually I insist that M or D rock me to sleep first.

I spend a fair amount of time on my changing table. It's in my nursery and has a cute picture of a giraffe and elephant. I like the attention I get when I'm on the table and am not usually too fussy. Sometimes I get a little too excited and make a bit of a mess. Isn't that what the changing table is for?

Nana changing my diaper
Very soon after I got home, M&D introduced me to my doggie Olive and my kitty cat Isis. Before meeting me, each of them got a hat that I'd worn in the hospital so that they could familiarize themselves with my scent. Olive was very curious to meet me and tended to bark at me when I ignored her. After a few time outs in the bathroom, she started behaving. She's been patient with me and possibly my biggest fan. Sometimes when I get lonely in my pack and play, she comes to check on me before Mommie or Daddy get there. She also sniffs me a lot during the day, but she's learned that I don't like wet doggie nose in my face. Sometimes she even keeps my nap nanny warm when I'm not there. Although, M&D seem to prefer when she sleeps on one of her own beds. I think she's excited to play with me once I start crawling.

Posing in Mommie's arms
Aside from the daily routine of feeding, sleeping, and pooping, I spend a lot of time posing for pictures! Here's a sample of my favorite ones:

Our first family photo. Say Saaaaaiiiige!
Posing on the changing table
What's Olive doing while all this posing is happening?
Saige is so cute that no one is watching me...









Oh look, a nice box of chocolate covered strawberries. Maybe I'll try one...
Or all of them!!! Thank you Saige!!!










Nana holding me
That silly Olive! I imagine that we'll have lot of fun causing trouble playing with each other in the future. The first week that I was home Nana stayed with us. She was super helpful cooking for M&D, cleaning up the house (which is apparently under construction with an addition and remodel), and most importantly holding me as much as she could. Papaw returned to Austin to pick up Nana the weekend after I came home. I'll miss them, but M&D told me that I'll get to see them soon for Thanksgiving.

Papaw holding me
After two weeks at home, M&D decided that it was time to give me my first bath at home. Mommie had found a big padded sunflower so that I could bathe in the kitchen sink.

Throwing my right hand in the air.
Me in the sink.
I was very well behaved in the bath. The warm water felt good, and it was nice to get rid of the last remnants of vernix. M&D said that I'll get to take a bath once a week in the sink until I'm big enough to fit in my green rain forest themed bath tub.

I love bath time!
At night time I like to cuddle with M&D on the couch. It's so comforting to sleep on a chest listening to a heartbeat. Once I've eaten for the last time, I move to the bedroom and sleep in my swing while listening to the soothing sounds of either the ocean waves or the rain falling lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment