Friday, November 30, 2012

MY FIRST THANKSGIVING


Gobble, gobble, gobble!!! It's my first Thanksgiving!

Aunts Christy and Jennifer doting on me
Daddy took off the entire Thanksgiving week so that we could maximize our holiday and travel to Nana and Papaw's house in College Station. It all started with the arrival of Aunts Christy and Jennifer and Uncle Wills on Saturday night. This was our first time to meet in person, and they made up for lost time giving me lots of cuddles. Many newborns may have shied away from all the attention, but I reveled in it. Originally, we were going to head to College Station on Sunday, but I had a spa treatment doctor's appointment on Monday morning. At my two week well check, I had been underweight, so the doctor wanted to check me again to see if I was gaining weight properly before heading out of town for Turkey Day. I still wasn't heavy enough, but I was at least on the right track. He gave me permission to head to College Station so long as I continued my regular feedings every two hours night and day. I'd been trying to tell M&D to feed me more since week one, but it took a doctor's orders to get it sorted out. If only I had words instead of cries! Even so, with the doctor's blessing, we were able to head to College Station on Monday afternoon as planned.

Morning time with Aunt Jennifer and Nana
Once in College Station we had a lot of time to feed, relax, feed, enjoy the unseasonably warm weather, feed, play with Olive and Uncle Corky, feed, catch up on sleep, feed, watch movies, feed, catch up on the family gossip, feed, cuddle, feed, play games, feed, try on all my new outfits, feed, watch football, feed, take pictues, feed, eat, feed, and feed.

Needless to say, I spent a lot of time feeding in an effort to get back to the correct weight.

Cuddles with Mommie
On Friday afternoon, I got to meet some more people for the first time: Mimi and Papa! They had flown down to Texas to spend Thanksgiving with Great-Gramps in Temple. Since they were so close, they decided to make the short drive to College Station for some cuddles, feedings, and pictures. I'd already been showered with gifts from everyone, and they chipped in with more cute baby necessities to help me accessorize my nursery, such as a paper butterfly mobile.

Cuddles with Mimi
Posing with Papa
With everyone at the same place, we decided to take some family photographs. Since it was so warm, we decided to do them outside on the front porch. We took lots of pictures trying to get one with everyone's eyes open and me not falling asleep. I was so exhausted from all the attention...and feeding...
Family Portrait
Back Row: Papaw, Aunt Jennifer, Uncle Wills, Daddy, Aunt Christy,  Papa
Front Row: Nana, Mommie, Saige, Mimi

Mommie, Daddy, and Me
After filling the camera with pictures, we enjoyed a feast of Thanksgiving leftovers: turkey, spinach Madeline, rosemary sweet potato gratin, cranberry sauce, and a medley of pies (pumpkin, pecan, and minced meat). After we ate, we looked over all of the pictures we'd taken on the front porch. We all had a good laugh at the funny faces that were captured on camera. Mimi and Papa headed back to Temple that day, but that didn't mean the end of the trip. I still had two days to enjoy cuddles in College Station:

The Turkey Day Cuddle Squad
Uncle Wills shows everyone how it's done
Super close cuddles




Some of my clothes are still a little too big...
Saturday morning brought in a blast of cold weather, but it didn't slow me down. After a relaxing morning, we headed out to do some shopping. I got some quintessential Aggie gear while Mommie got a long sleeved Aggie shirt to get ready for the football game that night. I told M&D that I'd give them the night off to have their first date since I was born. I'd convinced everyone else to take care of me while they went to the football game. M&D are lucky that I was able to use my cuteness to charm my cuddle squad into some baby sitting action for a few hours.
The week flew by, and before I knew it, we were headed back to Austin for one last night before my Aunts and Uncle had to leave.
Hanging with the fam
Cuddle time

Horray for turkey day!

No comments:

Post a Comment