Friday, November 9, 2012

A Busy First Day

My first day on Earth was very, very busy. It all started with a flurry of activity: getting my umbilical cord snipped, taking the APGAR test (which I passed! twice!), getting toweled off, and posing for Daddy's pictures. I cried joyfully the entire time until Daddy finally delivered me to Mommie where I snuggled into her bosom. 



The three of us shared some quiet moments together while Mommie and Daddy decided on my name. They had come to the hospital with three picked out, but Saige is the one that fit me best. We were all exhausted after the delivery, but we took some time to eat some food before getting a couple hours of sleep. I got to sleep in the room with my parents. Daddy looked silly sleeping on the fold out couch!


After a not so restful two hours, the sun came up and it was time to meet my family. Nana and Papaw, Mommies parents, had driven up from College Station to see me. They held me a lot and couldn't stop smiling. I skyped for the first time with my Aunts Jennifer and Christy as well as my Uncle Wills.

 

Daddy and Mommie spent a lot of time talking with people on the phone announcing my arrival. I can't wait to meet all these wonderful folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment