Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

At 2:26am on Friday November 2, 2012, I introduced myself to the world! I came out weighing 7lbs 13oz, 19.5" long, and with a head circumference of 35.5cm. Here's how it all happened...




On Tuesday morning October 30, I hinted to Mommie via some contractions that I might come out soon, so she decided to stay home from work. The contractions got stronger and stronger throughout the day. Mommie, Daddy and I were so excited that we could hardly sleep Tuesday night not going to bed until 2am. When we woke up on Wednesday, I was so comfy that I decided to stay in the womb a little longer. At our doctor's appointment that morning, Dr. Chapman said that I could come at any moment...or take a week. Luckily we had the excitement of all hallows eve to encourage labor to start.

At 1:30am on Thursday, I couldn't wait any more, and I woke up Mommie with some real contractions. She woke Daddy up at 3:30am and the two of them worked through the pain until around 1pm when we headed to Scott & White in Round Rock. Unfortunately, the 30 minute ride relaxed me and the contractions lessened in frequency. When we arrived, we were told that we needed to walk around for 1-2 hours to get active labor going. After an hour of even more painful contractions, Mommie was ready and we were admitted to the hospital. By 5:30pm, Mommie had an epidural in place and was 7cm dilated. At 7pm she was fully dilated at 10cm and Dr. Skolnick broke my amniotic sack and declared that I would be out in no time. Then we took a step back and the contractions lessened:(

Four hours and some oxytocin later, Mommie was back on track and ready to push me out. Again it looked like I'd be out in no time, but I surprised everyone by positioning myself sunny side up. With encouragement from Daddy and a pep talk from Dr. Skolnick, Mommie pushed like a champ for 3.5 hours before I finally emerged healthy and happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment