Thursday, March 28, 2013

Taste Test

This week has been one of firsts for me. As M&D have been moving into their new crib and bathroom, spaced have been opening up all around the house. There used to be a dining table in the main room, but they moved that into the sun room so that I could have a big open play area. The play area has a big foam mat, pillows, my baby gym, and lots of toys. I imagine that I'll spend lots of time playing there. To complement my new area, M&D bought me a new jumperoo! It plays jungle noises and has a lot of animals that I can play with. I'm not sure if I'll spend more time jumping or playing on my mat, but I'll get lots of exercise either way.



Another big first for me this week has been food. At my 4 month check-up, Dr. Hughes cleared me to start eating solids. M&D agreed, and in no time, I started slurping down .rice cereal mixed with tasty breast milk. M&D were worried that I wouldn't like eating solid food, but they had nothing to fear. I love eating my food. I willingly open my mouth for each bite. If anything, the problem is that I don't get enough. I might start crying at the end of a meal, but Mommie always makes being done with my food so exciting that I forget that I want more.

My First Bite of Food

Can I have some more, please?

Despite all of the solid food, I still get lots of milk. Sometimes I let Daddy hold the bottle, but I tend to hold it and feed myself. If I get bored eating, I'll start to chew on my bottle and grab at Daddy's hair. Then he has to  hold the bottle for me to help me finish eating.
Whether I've eaten rice or milk, bath time is my favorite way to clean up. I've become a pro at sitting in my tub and playing with the water while I get cleaned up.

I can feed myself!
Wearing my warm duck cloth in the tub


























No comments:

Post a Comment