Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hot Diggity Dog

Amazed by that Other Baby in the Mirror!
This past week I've gotten to explore more of the world around me. Inside the house, I still enjoy playing with all of my toys. I spend a lot of time in my jungle gym grabbing for toys above me and looking in the mirror. M&D set up a nice foam mat underneath my gym which makes it firm but cushy. I could almost fall asleep in there...well, okay, sometimes I do, but you would too if you played so hard with the crinkly winged firefly, the squeaky squirrel, and the jingly owl.

Walking with Mommie on a Chilly Day






In addition to enjoying time in the gym, I've been going for walks with M&D. Sometimes I get to relax in my stroller and stare up at the clouds and treetops. Other times, I strap myself into my baby Bjorn and hitch a ride with Mommie or Daddy. Usually I choose to go with Mommie so that Daddy can hold Olive, who likes to pull forcefully on her leash. We wander around the neighborhood on our walks passing the park or checking out landscaping to get ideas for what we'll do at our house. Sometimes we walk with a purpose stopping in at the IGA for some dinner supplies, picking up the bi-weekly CSA parcel of veggies and eggs, or taking Olive to a play date with Rocko across the street.







Ready to Walk the Dog



This past Saturday, I took my first big trip downtown to the Mighty Texas Dog walk at Auditorium Shores. It was a drizzly day, so we got to wear our wide brimmed hats and carried umbrellas just in case. Olive even dressed up in a bandanna for the event. There were hundreds of dogs there in support of the Texas service dogs. We took the one mile dog walk, then toured the numerous booths collecting samples and information. I liked looking at all the dogs and the two hours we spent wandering around flew by like one of the show dogs leaping for a Frisbee.









Posing by the City Skyline

After the dog walk, we got cleaned up and said hi to Marcie, the baby in the mirror. She makes me laugh and smile. I like to try and touch her face. I also see M&D in the mirror which makes me smile!


No comments:

Post a Comment