Sunday, March 17, 2013

A New Crib


M&D's Old Crib
Has it really been a month since I last posted an update? I've been so busy it's hard to believe it's been that long! Hopefully things are settling down a little, but it's been really hectic at home recently. Just after my last post, M&D started moving into their new crib. They've been working with Chill, the contractor, to get all of the little items finished with house addition: touching up the paint, installing the door hardware, fixing leaks... There were a lot of little things. But they all got done so that the cleaners could come and make it look beautiful. The minute they left, M&D got to work moving into their new crib, which they say is really nice. In fact, they keep joking that they're staying in a fancy hotel now. Not having seen many houses in my short life, I think it's pretty nice.

M&D's New Crib
Bath Time in the Big Tub


I like it when M or D holds me up to the mirror so that I can talk with Marcie, the girl who looks exactly like me on the other side of the looking glass. But the best part is that I don't have to share my bathroom with them any more. That means no more baths in the kitchen sink! I have my own tub complete with a rubber ducky faucet cover.

Sometimes I let Mommie Enjoy my Bathroom






After moving into their new crib, M&D spent the next few weeks moving furniture into the new guestroom, and the remodeled sun room. It has taken them a while to get everything in order, which is mostly due to me distracting them with cuteness. It's hard not to distract them. They are so funny, I can't help but laugh at them and smile when they look at me. We spend a lot of time playing together and going on walks around the neighborhood.





And now on to the biggest news. I. HAVE. TOYS!!! I never really noticed before, but I have so many exciting toys to play with. There are toys in my jungle gym, toys where I eat, toys by my crib, toys in my carrier, and tons of toys at daycare. I can't believe that I never noticed them before. They are so fun to grab and chew. I entertain myself a lot with my toys, exploring the new textures, shapes, and colors. M&D like to hand toys to me because I reach out and grab them. How can I resist? They are so fun to play with!

Some toys I grab
Some toys I chew

















Sometimes the toys surround me

All this playing makes me tired
Is this a toy?



















Amid all the chaos of moving into the addition and playing with toys, I've gotten into a good routine. We
wake up every morning with big smiles around 6am. After a quick diaper change, I breakfast with Mommie while Daddy gets my bottles ready for the day. I hang out with them while they eat and get ready, then it's off to daycare with Daddy. I have a lot of fun at daycare. I make new friends and learn lots of new skills. Mommie picks me up in the afternoon around 4:30pm. We head home and wait for Daddy. Once we're all together we go for a walk or play with toys in my nap nanny or jungle gym. By 7pm it's time for my final feeding of the day. Once I'm done, M&D put me in my sleep sack, sing me Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and let me rest until morning.
Enjoying a visit from Valerie
Last week the routine was a little different because Mommie had to go to a conference in San Antonio. That meant that Daddy had to take care of me all by himself. I really missed Mommie, but we got to see each other on skype each day, and she sang me Twinkle, Twinkle before I went to sleep each night. Hanging out with Daddy for the week wasn't so bad, and before I knew it Mommie was back home. But I hope she doesn't go away again for a long time!

Daddy distracted me with toys while Mommie was gone

No comments:

Post a Comment