Monday, January 7, 2013

Babbling to Myself

Babbling in my Nap Nanny
My big development since Christmas has been babbling. I used to just smile and coo, but now I'm a full fledged babbler. I like to talk with M&D about lots of things. They usually quiet down when I start babbling and encourage me to tell them whatever I want. Since Mommie's home with me all day, I talk with her the most. We discuss my new vocal talents, how much I can eat now (almost 6 ounces per feeding!), or how silly Daddy is. I suspect that M&D are jealous of my babbling gift as they often imitate me while we're talking.

Babbling on the Phone
Another new development is that I've graduated to my baby bath tub. I liked my big foam sunflower, but I've grown a little too big for it. At my two month well check appointment I measured in at an an above average 23" tall. My weight and head circumference were in the 50th percentile at 10 lbs. 10 oz. and 38 3/4". Dr. Hughes said that I am very healthy and growing at a good rate. That's great news given my early weight issues. My least favorite part of the well check was the immunization session. I had to endure three injections plus an oral vaccine. Needless to say, my legs were sore where I got injected, and I was a little fussy that night:(
Bath Time

But back to my new bath tub. It has a hammock that cradles me over the water. I need to use it until I can sit up on my own. While in the hammock, my back side dips into the water. M&D put a warm damp towel over me to keep me warm. This makes me a happy camper until the part where they wash my hair and face. Luckily that's near the end of the bath and it's not long before I'm snuggled into warm towels.


Exercising in the Gym
In addition to my oral skills, I've been working on my coordination. I spend a fair amount of time working out in my gym. I like to grab the toys hanging above me and look at the other baby in the mirror. She smiles at me and makes me laugh. I've also been working on my typing abilities. Here is a sample of my work: 4e4ppppppppppppppppppc.llll.l.cccc/;laQDERP. Special thanks to Daddy for holding me up while I stomped typed that message.


Cuddling with Mommie after a Long Day

No comments:

Post a Comment