Monday, December 31, 2012

MY FIRST CHRISTMAS

As Christmas approaches, M&D have been busy getting ready for visitors and wrapping presents. We started off the festivities by taking a family Christmas picture. We set up the camera in the living room and shot lots of pictures. We even got to take some with Olive and Isis!

Family Portait
Of course, my solo shots turned out the best...

Showing off my new Christmas outfit
While M&D have been busy with all the Christmas preparations, I've focused on growing. I've been getting better at holding my head up. I used to have very little head control, but over the past week I've become a full time bobble head. When M&D hold me up, my head wobbles back and forth and back and forth until I get tired and let it rest on their shoulder. I've also started playing in my gym. I like to look at the toys hanging above me. I like to look at them waving around when I kick them or knock them with my arms by accident. Sometimes M&D attach a mirror to the top of the gym so that I can stare at my reflection.

Working out in the gym

Napping after a gym workout
Christmas weekend finally arrived and along with it came lots of visitors, some familiar faces and lots of new ones! I'd already met my great Aunt Judy a couple weeks before Christmas when she arrived from her house in Florida. The Friday before Christmas, I met my cousins Helene and Philip who flew in from Norway. They ate dinner with us and enjoyed looking at all of the renovations to the house. On Saturday, I got to meet lots of my neighbors when I attended my first party, a Christmas themed block party. There are lots of kids close to my age on our block. I can't wait to play with when I get a little older.

Hanging out at Great Gramps' house

On Sunday, Mimi and Papa arrived from Lake Forest. Even though I had seen them at Thanksgiving, they said that I'd changed a lot. They were most impressed by my smiles. On Monday morning I met the tallest person I've met so far, my cousin Simen. After breakfast, we all drove up to Great Gramp's house in Temple where I met two more people: Great Gramps and my great uncle Arne. With everyone gathered, we were able to start Christmas. There was lots of activity, and I enjoyed all the attention. We even got to skype with Aunt Julie, Uncle Andy and my cousins Cora and Adam. After dinner we finally got to open gifts. I got lots of new clothes and toys that I'll get to wear and explore in the coming months.

On Christmas morning we ate a leisurely breakfast and spent time relaxing and sharing stories. Before we left, we took another family portrait. I hope that some day I'll get to visit all my releatives in Norway!

Cousin Philip holds me for the first time


Family Portrait
Back Row: Simen, Helene, Daddy, Me, Mommie, Philip
Front Row: Arne, Judy, Great Gramps, Mimi, Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment