Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thankfully Thinkering


Exploring a Giant Carrot
This past week was Thanksgiving week, so we had a nice departure from our normal routine. Daddy took off from work which meant that I got to see a little more of him than I usually would. Plus on Wednesday Mimi and Papa arrived to celebrate with us and eat Turkey. I spent most of Thanksgiving day playing with Mimi and Papa while M&D prepared a feast. We played with all of my toys, and I spent a lot of time showing them how good I am at walking now. I also showed them my new Highlights Hello magazine. I just got my first issue this week. Thanks Nana!
During the turkey feast, I tried all of the dishes that M&D prepared. I liked most everything, but the pumpernickel stuffing with butternut squash, fennel, and Gruyere was by far my favorite.
On Black Friday, we stayed away from the stores and instead went to a member's only preview of the Thinkery, the new children's museum in Austin. We have a family membership, so Mommie was able to book a slot for us. There is an area specifically designed for kids my age. At first I was overwhelmed by it all and sat around looking at all the other kids playing and learning. But after a while, I started exploring the giant carrots surrounding me. After thoroughly exploring the carrots, I ventured to another area where I could harvest root vegetables. I really enjoyed putting the veggies in and out of the baskets. I tasted several of the veggies and don't recommend eating them. Stick to real food. It tastes much better. I could have spent all night at the Thinkery, but we had to leave before I got my fill because it was closing time. I hope that we get to go back to the museum on a regular basis. When Cora and Adam come to visit in January, I want to take them to the museum to show them all the neat exhibits.

Harvesting Beets, Turnips, Radishes, Parsnips, and Carrots

You can't tell in any of these pictures, but I also got my first pair of real shoes this week, a pair of brown StrideRite boots with pink laces and fur collars. It's much easier to walk in them than with my other shoes. But I still like to take them off and chew on them as often as I can.

Cruising the Museum in my New Treads

No comments:

Post a Comment